Fusion Primaries Creativity Champions
The role of the Creativity Champion
The Schools’ Creativity Champion role has been developed so that Fusion, Barnsley’s Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP) has a direct link to a named person within schools.
The aim is to improve communication between the cultural and education sectors.
- Receive emails from Fusion about cultural education opportunities.
- Receive Fusion’s termly newsletter and share with colleagues/across school networks as appropriate.
- Signpost colleagues, pupils and their families to relevant art and cultural activity. This includes free and paid-for cultural experiences and learning opportunities, activities, events, CPD, as well as funding and other support.
- When (and if) possible, attend Governors’ meetings (for example once per term), to develop art and cultural education policies with Senior Leadership Teams and report these to colleagues.
- Where possible, attend (or identify colleagues to attend) relevant Fusion CPD meetings, networking meetings and Creative Exchange events.
Who can undertake the role of Creativity Champion?
The role can be undertaken by any member of teaching staff within the school (including teaching assistants and HLTAs) or anyone from within the leadership team. It just needs to be someone who is passionate about the value of the arts and who is capable of driving it forward within their school.
How to appoint a Creativity Champion
We’re currently looking for a Creativity Champion from within each school as a point of contact for Fusion. This is so that we have a named individual for each setting who we can share information about upcoming opportunties and events.
To nominate yourself or someone from within your school as the named point of contact for Fusion, please email Ruth Wood (Network Manager), [email protected].
Become a FUSION member
Follow the link below and submit the form, and one of the FUSION team will be in touch shortly to discuss.