FUSION is Barnsley’s partnership of arts, culture & education, bringing the best of local arts & culture to ALL children and young people in the borough.
The partnership brings together representatives of the arts, culture, early years and education sectors in working groups who develop plans and activity to:
- Drive the creation of a joined-up local arts and cultural offer.
- Promote the value of arts and culture both in and out of schools.
- Share resources where possible and use creative arts to bring people and communities together.
- Bring about a more coherent and visible delivery of cultural education through the partnership.
- Track young people’s engagement with members.
- Evaluate the progress of the group.
- Existing Partnership Members may recommend additional organisations that might be represented on the Partnership as needed, as well as for particular task groups.
Our FUSION partners bring their expertise and areas of interest to the partnership to plan, agree, implement and monitor specific programmes of work set out in the agreed action plan for the group.
Arts Award: Supporting a broad & balanced curriculum for schools
Ofsted’s new inspection framework will see it downgrade the importance of exam results in favour of assessing whether schools are offering a ‘broad, rich and deep’ curriculum.
FUSION, Barnsley’s Cultural Education Partnership, has been working with IVE to explore how Arts Award can support schools to develop and evidence their arts provision as part a broad and balanced curriculum.
If you’d like to find out more have a look at our Terms of Reference and our Action Plan